Charity run...

Hook 10k run, Hampshire.
21st May 2017

I have always wanted to run a 10k race, but never had the opportunity to do so when my sister mentioned she had entered the Hook 10k. I thought why not lets do it! The event stated that the course was undulating, which basically means it will be hilly... Another achievement I would like to do is raise some money for a charity, so I set out trying to raise money for a fantastic UK charity 'Steps Charity' http://www.steps-charity.org.uk. Steps is a national charity that supports all those lives that are affected by childhood lower limb conditions with support and advise. When I was learning abount Oscars condition I found their support fantastic and their leaflets very useful. We have been to three of their charity Christmas events which I totally recommend a great place for your child to meet others that have similar / same condition.

I completed the run in 1 hour and 4 minutes which I was pleased with, it was a really hot day but I made it and raised just over £250 for the charity.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=hook10k-steps-charity

Comments

Popular Posts